Today I want to present to you a person, with whom I’m somehow befriended. She is the proof that online friendships DO exist and that The Sims connects people. Ramona and I met indeed at an online forum for the PC Game The Sims. Yes, back in the day I was a little ‘mono-gamer’ (sims 2 only :D) until I found a hobby that suited me better ( I’m so much better at photographing than keeping my Sims alive and sane).
Ramona also loves Photography (and stayed a gamer at the ame time. In fact this forum’s thread about Photography was our most visited thread until we lost sight of each other. Once Ramona’s Facebook Page became fame we started to text each other again.
This is Ramonas Facebook Page. She basically portraits tattooed and pierced bitches and she’s actually rather good at it. Well, of course she is, her camera is big and fancy and all professional. It certainly isn’t special to take good pictures with such a pro camera.**
Ramona does not only like to photograph tattooed people, she also likes to get tattoos herself. And as a good friend of heres, Bea, is not only damn good looking but also a tattoo artist herself, I had my first tattoo session during my visit and a shooting right afterwards. Can you imagine that?
You want to spend a nice weekend with your friend, baking brownie cheesecake, photographing and eating it and before you can say knife you have a hipster tattoo and a handful of photos. How impudent are those people?
Just like that I got a tattoo and a shooting! Such impudence!
At least Ramona had the decency to bake a brownie cheesecake with me as a compensation. She’s actually pretty good at baking and cooking though she doesn’t want to admit it. The cheesecake was super delicious, although we kept it in the oven a little too long. But chocolate and raspberries made up for that 😉 This is how you roll as a food stylist ^^
Before we’re eating Ramona takes out her blue little pocket with Insulin Pens, measurement device and everything else a Diabetic needs and a chemical smell is in the air. Though as a diabetic you can basically eat whatever the heck you want there’s always measuring and injecting insulin involved. If you’re used to this procedure from the age of 8 on you’ve already developped a routine and have experience with how your body responds. Still – hypo- and hyperglycaemia does happen due to many unknown factors you can’t really measure and take into account.
Nowadays Diabetes isn’t a life threatening disease anymore, especially not in our country, yet as a Diabetic you’re constantly confronted with difficulties in daily situations that a healthy person wouldn’t think of or take as granted.
For this purpose Ramona started her own blog, Flugzucker – Travel, Tattoos & Type One, which is written in German only. So if you’re able to understand German you might find it interesting to read her stories about Travels, Tattoos and how there’s all kinds of struggles for a Diabetic. Can you guess what Ramona has to think of when she packs her travel bags? Or how she has to prepare for a tattooing session?
Ramona writes about interesting facts about her Diabetes and combines it with entertaining stories from her travels and great photos. Totally worth a read and Purple Avocado approved 🙂
Here’s again all the platforms where you can follow Ramona and her many talents:
And here’s the recipe for our brownie cheesecake
- 120 g soft butter
- 120 g flour
- 100 g chocolate
- 180 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 ml milk
- ~ 500 g cream cheese
- 100 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 120 g yoghurt
- Den Ofen auf 180°C vorheizen.
- Schokolade und Butter in einer Schüssel in einem Wasserbad zum schmelzen bringen und mit dem Zucker verrühren. Mehl, Eier und Milch hinzugeben und alles zu einem Teig aufschlagen
- Eine Springform (22cm) gut einfetten und den Brownie-Teig hineingeben und glatt streichen.
- Den Boden für ca. 15-20 Minuten bei 180°C backen.
- In der Zwischenzeit den Käsebelag vorbereiten. Alle Zutaten gut mit einem Handbesen oder auf niedriger Stufe mit einem Mixer verrühren und auf dem bereits etwas fest gebackenen Brownieboden verteilen.
- Für weitere 45-55 Minuten backen, bis der Belag sich fest anfühlt.
- Der Kuchen lässt sich besser schneiden, wenn er für einige Stunden im Kühlschrank stand.
- Mit Schokolade und frischen oder gefrorerenen Beeren nach Wahl dekorieren.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter and a chocolate in a bowl in a hot water bath and mix it with the sugar. Add flour, eggs and milk and stir it to a dough.
- Oil a baking pan (round, 22cm) and spread the brownie dough evenly.
- Bake it for 15-20 minutes at 180°C
- Meanwhile you have time to prepare the cheesecake topping. Mix all ingredients by hand or on a low setting with a whisker. Add the topping onto the already medium solid brownie base.
- Bake for another 45-55 minutes until the cake feels solid.
- The cake is easier to slice once it cooled down in the fridge for a couple of hours. You can decorate your cheesecake with wild berries and melted chocolate
** Sarcasm is that kind of humor where the recipients intelligence is required
Pin the Brownie Cheesecake recipe for later