(Sponsored content for Das Ethno-Kochbuch* / EMF Verlag)
The German Version of this article provides you with a detailed review of Karolina Przybylska’s cookbook ‘Das Ethno Kochbuch’. Due to the fact that this book is only available in German (yet) I merely provide you with the recipe.
In case this book will ever be translated into other languages I’ll let you know here 🙂 So far: Enjoy a free recipe for delicious wild rice patties.
- ca. 160 g wild rice
- ca. 240 ml water
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tbsp corn flour *
- some fresh thyme
- some fresh parsley
- salt, pepper
- Frying oil
- * I actually had some trouble with the texture of my patties and had to add much more than 2 tbsp of corn flour. After a little talk with the author we came to the conclusion that there's different kinds of corn flour that cause such an immense change. In my case I simply added a little water and some chick pea flour to get the perfect juicy yet solid patty texture
- Boil the rice in a pot for 40 - 50 minutes (or use a rice cooker like me lazy ass). Wash and dice the pepper, mince the thyme and parsley and add it to the rice. Fry it for a couple of minutes.
- Turn down the heat add the corn flour (and some water if necessary) and mix it together thoroughly.
- Let the dough cool down until it's hand warm and form flat little patties.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry your wild rice patties from both sides until golden.
- The wild rice patties are super delicious - warm and cold.
Another recipe from the book is following next week 🙂
Next time we’re satisfying our sweet tooth so you can already look forward to it 😀
Info & Transparency | Links marked with an *asterisk are so called affiliate-links! If you buy a product via this link you support me and my work on this blog with a small commission. Obviously this won’t cost you a cent more, but I see it as an appreciation for my work. I will only recommend products and services, which I use myself and with which I am fully satisfied.